This month’s recipe is brought to you by Seaira Chavis, a junior at Arkansas Tech University in the Hospitality Department. This Sugar Cookie recipe was a winning entry at the Hospitality Society’s Dessert Competition in November, 2021. As always, enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups (354g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure, I like to use unbleached)
1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cans of peaches
How to make homemade sugar cookies from scratch…
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powser and salt, set aside.
- Drain peaches and crush them up.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until well combinesd.
- Mix in egg, egg yolk, peaches and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop (or 1 1/2 Tbsp. at a time, and roll into balls if not using a cookie scoop) and drop onto baking sheet, spacing them 2-inches apart.
- Bake in preheadted overn 9-11 minutes, they should appear slightly under-baked. If baking more than one batch at once rotate pans halfway through baking.
- Cool on pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.