Since it appears summer will be with us a bit longer, try mixing these refreshing, cool fruit beverages! These recipes were provided by Nathan Gachot, senior ATU student from Heber Springs, Arkansas. He is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Administration, with event emphasis. Thanks, Nathan, for the recipes to get us through the Southern summer rebound!
Pineapple Blackberry Spritzer (yields 3 mocktails)
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp blackberry syrup
- Ice for your glass
- Mix the pineapple, soda and blackberry syrup together
- Pour into a glass of ice
- Garnish with mint, blackberries, or a pineapple wedge
Lemon-Lime Margarita Mocktail (yields 3 mocktails)
- 4 1/2 oz. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz. freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 3 to 6 tsp agave nectar
- 1 cup sparkling water (or club soda)
- coarse sea salt (or margarita salt), for rimming
- extra lime slice, for garnish
- Cut a small notch in a lime wedge and run it around the rim of the glass. Dip the rim in a small plate of coarse sea salt. This rimming is optional.
- Add the lime juice, orange juice, agave nectar and ice to the serving glass and stir vigorously for 15 seconds to combine. Top with sparkling water and garnish with an extra lime slice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!